COL(Ret.) Dr. Jaroslav Ševčík M.D.
Future Forces Forum World CBRN & MEDICAL Congress (CEBIRAM) 2018 Future Forces Exhibition 2018
Ministerial Councellor / CBRN Responsibility
Ministry of Defence
- Jaroslav Sevcik graduated at the Charles University Prague, Faculty of Physical Training and Sports in 1974.
- In 1984, he obtained his Pedagogical Doctor‘s Degree (PaedDr).
- In 1996 he went through Military Academy Course at the Defence University in Brno;
- In 2007 he attended Course of NATO Defence College in Rome, focused on international relations;
- In 2009 he went through the EU Course with Security & Defence Issues Topic.
Currently Jaroslav Sevcik works at the CZE Ministry of Defence, Defence Policy and Strategy Division as a Ministerial Councellor with main responsibility for CBRN issues, including international cooperation. Nowadays he represents Czech MoD at the NATO CBRN Senior Committe on Proliferation (Defence Format).
Last previous appointments:
- From 2011 to 2014 Jaroslav Sevcik was a defence advisor to the EU/EDA in Brussels.
- From 2004 to 2011 he was member of the Defence Policy and Strategy Division, in the Czech Republic Ministry of Defence in Prague.
- Before this period he was appointed at various positions at the CZE MoD and General Staff of the Czech Armed Forces. He ended his military career as